Extra Cheesy Chunky Potatoes

So this week is not really going to be a low carb week after all....but everything in moderation is not that bad...right?! I came up with recipe when trying to find a new way to make the potato stuffing for pierogis. Tune in tomorrow for the pierogi dough recipe that goes along with these cheesy delicious spuds.  Now this recipe is a lot stiffer than your normal mashed potatoes because I use them for stuffing. However, all you have to do is thin them out with a little milk and they will be a great addition to any main dish!! I used Cheez Wiz this time but I think I'm going to use Velveeta next time just to test the different taste profiles. Come back and I'll let you know my thoughts.


Extra Cheesy Chunky Potatoes
Ingredients:
8-10 large red potatoes
1/2 cup cheese wiz
2 cups mild cheddar cheese - shredded
1 tsp butter
salt and pepper to taste


Preparation:
1. Fill a large pot with salted water.
2. Add washed whole potatoes to the water and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
3. Cook potatoes until they are soft. I usually cook mine about 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Once cool, peel and place in a large mixing bowl and mash. **I do leave mine a little chunky but you can mash them however you prefer.
6. Add cheese wiz, cheddar cheese, butter, salt and pepper. If you want a thinner potato add milk a little at a time until you get your preferred consistency.
7. Serve or use as stuffing in pierogis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argentinian Red Shrimp in a White Wine Garlic Sauce

Chocolatey No Bake Brownies

Low Carb Spicy Sausage and Kale Soup