Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers

Has there ever been a food you love but you just don't like to take the time to make it? Well, for me that's stuffed bell peppers. My husband has been bugging me for weeks to make some stuffed peppers do I figured I'd give in...but not until I found a simple, quick and easy recipe. Guess what....I found one!!! I did some digging and came a cross and very easy crockpot recipe! What a great way to cook...mix it together, go to work and come home 8-10 hours later with your meal ready to serve!! It doesn't get much better than that! 😍 Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook (especially with my new slide in) but even I need a break sometimes. Ok...back to the recipe. This amazingly easy and delicious recipe is from Paula Deen and can be found here http://www.pauladeen.com/slow-cooker-stuffed-green-peppers. I tweaked the recipe (below) slightly to my taste...


Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
Ingredients:
6 large yellow and orange bell peppers
2 cups uncooked brown rice
2 lbs ground sirloin
2 cups chicken stock
1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c cheddar cheese, grated
1 large egg
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste 

Preparation:
1. In a large mixing bowl combine ground sirloin, brown rice, 3/4 of the can of chopped tomatoes, onion, cheese, egg, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Cut just the tops off of the peppers and remove seeds and ribs from inside.
3. Stuff with ground sirloin mixture.
4. Place stuffed peppers stuffed side up in a slow cooker and pour stock and remaining tomatoes over.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or on LOW for 8-9 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argentinian Red Shrimp in a White Wine Garlic Sauce

Chocolatey No Bake Brownies