Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!

I know I should be cooking low carb and healthy but I really want to try out the convection cook button on my new oven!!Well...actually today was a rough day and I needed some comfort food! That's right chocolate! 🍫 But trying the convection button on my new oven, which is true, sounded like a really good excuse to eat chocolate!!!! So this recipe is from magazine I got when I was around 12 years old I think. The recipe is amazing and has been made so many times over the last 40 years I lost track. 🙂 Here are a few tips I have learned over the years...First- make sure to sift the dry ingredients to get rid of lumps. Second- use butter that is cold but not too soft. And lastly- do not over beat! Once you add in the dry ingredients only mix to incorporate and finish by adding the chips in and mixing with a spatula. I also use Nielsen-Massey's Madagascar vanilla extract. You can use any vanilla extract you like, but I like the taste of this one the best. I have tried so many chocolate cookie recipes over the years but none can compare. These cookies are crunchy on the outside and so chewy and gooey on the inside!!!! I use a small cookie scoop and can usually get 3-4 dozen from one recipe. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I have thru the years 💝.

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks butter - at room temp...not too soft but still cold
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips - I use Nestle

Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. In a mixer, combine butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy.
3. Add eggs in one at a time. Mix well.
4. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a small bowl.
5. Add sifted dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix on low only to incorporate. DO NOT over mix.
6. Add in chocolate cups and mix with spatula.
7. Using small cookie scoop, place onto parchment lined cookie sheets about an inch apart.
8. Bake in oven for 9-11 minutes. I normally bake for 10 minutes to get a crunchy outside and gooey inside. Baking times will vary based on your oven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argentinian Red Shrimp in a White Wine Garlic Sauce

Chocolatey No Bake Brownies

Low Carb Spicy Sausage and Kale Soup