Getting Ready for the Week!

Well, the weekend is almost over and it's time for menu planning and my Sunday cook-a-thon! We celebrated this weekend with a crawfish festival in New Braunfels so next week's menu is going to be dedicated to....that's right seafood!!! I love all types and cooking styles of seafood. Grilled, boiled, fried and even, yes, raw. 🍣 My top favorites are ahi tuna, shrimp (yes, I think I'm a mermaid because I even eat the tails!) and crab. The recipes I'll be highlighting next week are black sesame crusted ahi tuna, Argentinian red shrimp in a white wine garlic butter sauce, crab cakes with a lemon dill sauce and a family favorite shrimp and pea salad. Come and see me tomorrow for the best black sesame crusted ahi tuna. This delicious easy recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare but your friends and family will think you slaved all day in the kitchen!! 

But wait a minute, before you go I have to tell you about a great product that will make your cooking taste amazingly delicious and your cleanup a snap! It's cast iron, enamel and fabulous!! The product is made by Tramontina. It is not sold in a set so you have to purchase each item you want separately. I see this as a good thing because why pay for a set when you won't use all the pieces! I used the 6.5 quart dutch oven last week to make the Spicy Dr. Pepper shredded pork. With most roasters, after cooking all day in the oven, you would have to soak for them hours before cleaning, but not with the Tramontina enameled cast iron dutch oven! All I did was wash it with warm soapy water, no soaking or scrubbing required!!! The 12 and 10 inch enameled cast iron skillets, fajita cast iron pan set, 3 quart enameled cast iron saucier and 2.5 quart enameled cast iron sauce pan are oven safe up to 450 degrees. You can get them in your favorite color!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argentinian Red Shrimp in a White Wine Garlic Sauce

Chocolatey No Bake Brownies

Low Carb Spicy Sausage and Kale Soup